Friday, December 9, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.....

But not feel like Christmas!  After 8 years I am still not used to wearing flip-flops while there are Christmas lights up.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE wearing flip-flops year round, it just doesn't "feel" like the holidays.  Anyway.....

Next week is going to be very busy, but VERY fun!  Monday is Grinch day.  Be sure to wear GREEN.  We will be doing How the Grinch Stole Christmas activities all day.  Tuesday will be gingerbread day.  We will read different versions of the Gingerbread Man.  We have lots activities to go with gingerbread....including a very exciting science investigation.  Wednesday will be Christmas Around First Grade.  Each class gets to visit every first grade teacher for an activity.  Then finally, finally, finally we will have our much anticipated Annual First Grade Polar Express PJ Party on Thursday!  Remember to wear your pajamas and bring your favorite stuffed animal!  A letter is coming (came, depending on when you are reading this) home Friday with details.
I promise to post pictures and videos from next week....it just might be a few days later.  Probably from the airport again on my way to Indiana....where I will be complaining that I do not get to wear my flip-flops for two weeks.  (But hey, it will FEEL like Christmas, right?!?!?!)

Saturday night is the Ormond Beach Christmas parade.  I have never been, but Osceola will be IN it this year.  Very cool, right?!  I will be walking with our dance team, principal, and Teacher of the Year.  I am  handing out candy.  All people and floats have to be lit up, so it should be very pretty.  Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. It will be fun! We need to do a primary dance team next year! They would be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a very busy upcoming holiday week for you and the kids! You can bring your flip flops home to Indiana and wear them Christmas!

    ReplyDelete