Monday, December 12, 2011

Grinch Day 2011

We survived Grinch Day without anyone being a grinch...even though the First Grade Teachers looked extra "Grinchy" today!  

When we got to school this morning, the Grinch had licked all of our candy canes and turned them GREEN!  Can you believe he did that???






And look where Jingle was this morning! He took Miss Gilbert's green marker and pen.





 We made a character characteristic poster for the Grinch at the beginning of the story...........

And at the end of the story!



 We learned about similies,
The Grinch is as green as a tree.  His heart is as small as a bug.

The Grinch is as green as a leaf.  His heart is as small as a bug.
And we wrote how we would make the Grinch grin.....if we ever happened to meet him!
 I would.....tell him a funny joke.

 I would.....ask him to be my friend.

In Math we figured out Grinch story problems and made patterns with manipulative cards. I was so impressed with the problem solving and team work that was going on that I didn't take any pictures!

I say Grinch Day was a success!
I hope you had as much fun as I did!!


2 comments: